Friday, July 30, 2021

How to make Ninomae Ina'nis' Dr Oopsie soda from Hololive EN

Dr Oopsie Soda

1 cup black cherry juice
½ cup white or brown sugar
1 vanilla chai tea bag
1 tbsp seedless raspberry preserves
1 tsp lemon juice
¼ tsp almond extract

Heat the cherry juice and prepare it with the vanilla chai, according to the package instructions. Remove the tea bag when finished, reheat the mixture if needed, and dissolve in the sugar. Mix in the remaining ingredients. Wait to add the almond extract until the mixture is cool.

To serve, mix 2 fl oz (¼ cup) of syrup with 10 fl oz of plain seltzer. Stir gently to mix.




I love making soda at home, so I thought it would be fun to try to recreate Dr Oopsie, the favorite drink of Ninomae Ina'nis from Hololive EN. While I've never actually tried Dr Oopsie, it does look very similar to another brand of soda that I'm more familiar with, which is what I tried to base the flavor off of.


These were the ingredients I used for my batch. I especially like this brand of tea, it has a very strong vanilla flavor that almost reminds me of marshmallows. I also used one of those 10 oz glass bottles of seltzer to make the soda. When mixed with 2 fl oz of syrup, it makes 12 fl oz of soda total, the same size as a standard soda can. You can adjust the ratio if you like to make it more or less sweet, but I think 10-to-2 tastes pretty close to the bottled stuff.


Here's the tea bag in the cherry juice. I like using this tiny pot for making soda, since I usually don't make a large batch to store for later. It's around 2 cups and I got it from Stop & Shop, on one of those hooks in the middle of the aisle. I brought my juice to a boil, turned off the heat, and put the tea in for 4 minutes which is what my package said.


The juice was still hot after letting the tea steep, so I dissolved the sugar in there without turning on the heat again. After that, I added the preserves and lemon juice. It was a little difficult to dissolve the preserves, since they were much thicker than the rest of the liquid, but I was able to get most of it by alternating between stirring and pressing down on the bottom of the pot. If it doesn't work for you, try gently heating the mixture again or straining it before making the soda. To cool the syrup, I placed the pot on a dish of ice in the sink. It has to be cool before you can add the almond extract, because heat can weaken the flavor a lot. Once that's done, you can store it or serve immediately.

For best results, I think you should make glasses of soda one-by-one. You can always put away the leftover syrup for later, and homemade soda goes flat really easily. Just for fun, I garnished mine with a maraschino cherry and a printed out Dr Oopsie logo I made based on the bottle from Ina's streams. I'll include the image I used here. If you print out the whole thing as one sheet, it should be about the same size.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Fish fillets, roast potatoes with maqaw mayonnaise

This recipe originally from:  https://www.taipeitimes.com/News/feat/archives/2016/11/26/2003660008 Fish fillets, roast potatoes with maqaw m...